Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Annika {new}

A little over a week ago, Heather contacted me on referral from another of my families. She was looking for photos in hospital of her family after the birth of the baby who was due in mid-May. Of course! I love referrals and I love documentary style photography. I happily agreed and Heather and I planned to touch base in a few weeks , after she had her baby.

Only a week passed before I got a call from Heather whose water had just broken . Her baby was on her way! Little Early Bird had plans of her own!

After I got work that the little one was born, I made my way to the hospital and was greeted warmly by Heather and Michael who treated me like an old friend. I spent 45 minutes photographing Annika's first true nursing session and how she fit so perfectly between her daddy's hands. I reveled in her strength and perfection and how , unless you weighed her, you'd never know she was early. It made my whole day to spend this time with a family that I look forward to spending more time with as Annika grows!

Thank you, Heather and Michael, for inviting me in as you journey together in parenthood!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a digital slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment