Saturday, March 19, 2016

Charlie {birth}

Long ago, but not so long ago, I met a family that I instantly knew were my kind of people. Conversation was always easy as jokes were batted about. And even if you didn't know that joke, you laughed any way, because their laughter was contagious.

Claire asked me not long after that session if I would photograph the birth of her next child, whenever that may be.  I'd never done one, but YES! Of course! I couldn't imagine a better family to experience this extraordinary event with.

Time went on, announcements were made, and I never forgot about Claire's request. And neither did she.

The belly grew.  An Eviction warning was sent . And Charlie took heed .

On Charlie's due date,  my Facebook messenger rang , it was Casey. Not long later, I got in my car and hurried to meet these beautiful souls, preparing to meet their baby.

True to form, the Hoffman/McKenna crew faced this hurdle as they face every one. With humor and love. And kindness. It was my pleasure to watch Casey and Mary stand beside Claire as she looked this challenge in the eye and met it. 3 rounds of pushes. That's all it took for her. Then, Baby Charlie, all 9 lbs of him was here. Instantly enveloped in love and tears and joy.

I wore my invitation to this birth like a badge of honor. Yes, I was the photographer. But I am apart of something that is inexplicably wonderful. I'm Their People.  Thank you for that, Claire, Casey, Mary, Stephanie, Evan and Kaley .

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment